- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
DFA: OAV Registration Breaches 800K Mark
The target of one million registered voters in the overseas absentee voting (OAV) will soon be realized as the number of registered absentee voters has already breached the 800,000 mark.
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) also announced that there are now 212,009 new OAV registrants with the highest number coming from the Middle East and Africas at 36,391, followed by Americas (31,785), Europe (21,959), and Asia and the Pacific (20,035). The local OAV registration centers also generated 101,839 registrants.
“The overall total when added to our stock total of 589,830 brings 2013 registrants to 801,838, indicating that the target of 1,000,000 registered voters for the upcoming 2013 Senatorial and Party-List Election is about to be realized,” the DFA said in a press statement.
The DFA, through its Foreign Service Posts, tapped the Internet to spread OAV awareness.
The DFA has also assisted local non-government organizations (NGOs) and OAV stakeholders such as the Center for Migrant Advocacy (CMA) in disseminating their OAV information posters abroad through our FSPs and the Manila Economic and Cultural Office (MECO).
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News