- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Abused OFW Jumps Off Employer’s Home in Kuwait
A Filipina household service worker said she was left with no other choice but to jump off from the second floor of her employer’s home to escape the abuse she experienced at the hands of her female boss.
“Kaya po ako tumalon sa second floor dahil sa sobrang pananakit ng amo ko. Ilang araw akong di pinakain,” said Margie Pontillas.
Aside from the fractured right foot and broken toe nail, Pontillas had bite marks on her left arm and right forefinger.
“Kinagat pa niya ako sa kamay, kinagat pa niya ako sa braso, kaya naisipan ko na pong tumalon kasi kung ano-ano na lang ang tinatapon niya sa akin, pati dito tinapunan niya ako ng sandok kaya tumalong na lang ako sa second floor, no choice na ako,” she said.
The native of Carmen, Davao is separated from her husband. They also have five children.
Pontillas, 33, arrived in Kuwait in February 2, 2011 to work as a household service worker.
Her first employer was kind, she said. However, she left her employer of almost one year when the latter did not allow her to make a cash advance supposedly for her mother’s hospitalization in Davao.
She was brought back to her agency and sent to a second employer where she endured abuse.
Pontillas said the couple would always fight and her lady employer vented her anger towards her.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News