- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
UK-based OFWs Commend PNoy’s Performance
During a recent Filipino community gathering in North London, the Philippine Embassy here took pride at the positive growth of the economy of the Philippines during the first three months of this year.
The Philippine embassy’s Deputy Chief of Mission Reynaldo Catapang informed kababayans that the Philippine’s economy is on the right track.
“With the record of having the strongest performing stock market in Asia last year, the Philippines continues to go on a roll this year, seeing a 14% rise in the market,” he said.
“The positive trend continued on with the economy growing at a faster than expected rate of 6.4% this first quarter of 2012,” he added.
According to reports, the 6.4 percent growth of the Philippine economy surpassed the International Monetary Fund forecast of 3.5 percent growth at the end of this year.
The country’s unexpected growth rate has outpaced other Asian countries growth record such as Thailand, Singapore, Japan and others.
In light of these developments, Filipino workers in the United Kingdom gave their support to President Aquino.
Cesar Gerolaga, a phlebotomist in Colchester General Hospital in Essex, England, is convinced that President Aquino is doing his job.
“I believe he is doing what needs to be done for our country. Based on what we have heard on the radio, read on the newspapers and seen on the television, he already made some accomplishments,” he said.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News