- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Pinoys in Paris Join ‘Migrante Maging Negosyante’ Business Workshop
Overseas Filipino workers in France benefited from a recent seminar on business and investment opportunities organized by the Philippine Trade and Investment Center and the Philippine Embassy there.
The seminar on “Business and Investment Opportunities in the Philippines for Overseas Filipinos – Migrante, Maging Negosyante” was held at the embassy last month, the Department of Foreign Affairs said.
A news release of the DFA said the topics tackled by the presentations were:
- - rewards and risks of entrepreneurship
- - the process flow in starting a small enterprise
- - determining product lines/service lines and financial requirements
- - choosing the right business types
- - types of business according to ownership
- - writing a business plan
- - seeking sources of capital
- - registering the business
The seminar sought to provide OFWs with useful insights on sustainable investments for themselves and their families and beneficiaries back home.
Philippine Ambassador to France Cristina Ortega, in her opening remarks, stressed the importance of OFW remittances’ contribution to the Philippine economy.
Continue reading at GMA News