- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Pinoy Expat in Qatar Loses Family in Philippine Fire
A Filipino worker who had just returned to Doha from a vacation had lost his wife, three children and housemaid in a tragic fire that razed his home early Thursday morning in Southern Philippines.
Adrian Barase, a telecoms operator of Qatar Petroleum Telecoms Department based in Dukhan, had to return home yesterday to General Santos City after learning of the tragic fire accident barely a week after he returned here on Monday.
Barase’s relatives in the Philippines notified him through Facebook and Yahoo! Messenger about the death of his family members prompting the company to allow him to go back home.When contacted by The Peninsula Barase seemed to be calm and composed about how he feels about the tragedy as he was ready making preparations to board a plane.
This newspaper managed to track him down and get his contact details after a search through social media networks based on the names of the victims of the fire such as wife Leonor, 42 and the children Aldrin, 16; July, 11, Andrew, 8 and housemaid Judith which was flashed on a TV news programme.
Continue reading at The Peninsula