- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
Saudi Cops Hunting Down Father, Son for Rape of Pinay
Saudi police are searching for a man and his son in connection with the rape and torture of a Filipino woman in Turaif, a small city in northern Saudi Arabia.
The victim, who is believed to have been sexually assaulted by her employer’s son, has been rescued and is currently in custody at the Philippine Embassy.
The embassy said that it learned of the case only on July 8.
Ezzedin Tago, the Philippines ambassador, refused to share more information about the case.
The victim, who has not been identified, is now staying at the embassy’s Bahay Kalinga temporary rescue shelter, said the embassy in a statement on its website.
She was immediately turned over to embassy officials after her complaint was filed with the police.
The statement said the employer and his son are on the run and their whereabouts are not known.
The statement added an embassy team went to Turaif in northern Saudi Arabia to verify reports that the woman was raped and to rescue her.
The team arrived at the employer’s house on July 10 accompanied by Turaif police.
Officers forcibly entered the house and secured the woman who expressed happiness at her rescue, said a Filipino community leader who is closely following the case.
He, however, said the victim was saddened the case had gone public.
Continue reading at Arab News