- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Filipinos in US Boycott Chinese Products
A group of Filipinos based in the United States, who led a worldwide day of protest against China in May, is spearheading a continuous boycott of Chinese products.
Loida Nicolas-Lewis, chair of the US Pinoys for Good Governance (USP4GG), said the group’s move to stop using all kinds of Chinese products was a way of matching China’s diplomatic and military arrogance in claiming Panatag Shoal and the Kalayaan Group of Islands in the West Philippine Sea.
The USP4GG is an umbrella organization of professional Filipinos with a membership of thousands.
“The ‘Boycott China Products Initiative’ will not be limited to Filipinos. This campaign will be carried out worldwide,” Lewis said in a press conference.
Immigration lawyer Ted Laguatan, the group’s spokesperson, said he expected the campaign to go viral.
Continue reading at Inquirer