- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Mafia Attacks Filipino Cafe-owner in Lithuania
A Filipino photojournalist-turned-cafe-owner and his wife were hurt by Lithuanian mafia in an incident considered a racially motivated attack.
Andy Hernandez, a veteran photographer who owns a couple of Asian-themed restaurants in Lithuania, told Rappler via email that a mafia boss harassed him and his wife on Friday, June 29, after insisting to be served despite arriving past closing time.
Hernandez uploaded two videos of the exchange between him and “Mafia boss Stanislovą Narkevičių, a.k.a. Narkuša,” and before he and his wife were beaten up by 7 men who later arrived after they were called in.
His camera phone stopped recording when it hit the floor.The first video shows Narkuša — in white linen pants, alligator shoes, with gold watch and bracelet — calling his henchmen to come to Hernandez’s cafe located in the center of the historic resort town of Trakai.
Hernandez said Narkuša started cursing him when told that the restaurant was already closed at 9 pm. Narkuša arrived at 9:30 pm.
“He started calling me derogatory remarks in Russian…’Hoy’ means prick. He called me monkey, black ass, and black face — all racist remarks,” Hernandez recounted.
“He threatened me and Monika (his wife) bodily harm and [that] he will destroy the cafe. I told Monika to call the police when he started raising his voice and the insults [became worse].
In the second video, Monika is shown getting in between the 7 “tough looking men” and Hernandez before the phone hit the floor and stopped recording.
Continue reading at Rappler