- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
Pregnant Pinay Attacked, Robbed on Train in San Francisco
A six-month pregnant Filipina was beaten up inside the San Francisco Bay Area public transportation.
Immafrancia Hutalla was on board a train car of the North Concorde BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Station to meet her husband Vince on Thursday afternoon when she was attacked by a man and a woman who tried to steal her laptop and iPhone.
They first sprayed her eyes with body cologne, then began beating her.
“Paulit-ulit niya akong sinusuntok. Tinatakpan niya yung bibig ko tapos yung girl naman she was holding me and trying to grab my items,” said Hutalla.
She said there were at least 15 people in her train car when she asked for help. “Sumisigaw ako. ‘Anyone please help me! I’m pregnant’,” she said.
However, no one stopped her attackers. No one called 911.
Finally, a man asked if she was okay and an older lady helped her escape to another train and they alerted the BART operator.
Police arrested suspects 19-year-old Sasha Coleman and Freddie Lee Smith, 22. Smith was on parole for robbery.
Her husband, who was waiting for her at the station, felt so helpless. “Noong nakita, I don’t know what to do with the guy. Buntis siya, what kind of persons would do this to her,” he said.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News