- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Expect Pinoy Health Workers in Italy Soon
A bilateral agreement that would allow the entry of Filipino health workers to Italy is expected to be signed by the two countries soon.
This was the good news relayed by Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz to the Filipino community leaders in Veneto region during the joint celebration of the 114th Philippine Independence Day and Migrant Workers Day at Antony Hotel here recently.
Baldoz said her meeting with Italian Labor officials was successful. She said the two countries agreed to start on a “technical level”, which means the Philippines will be sending a team to Italy to further study the technical aspects of the possible agreement.
One important requirement for the Filipino nurses and other health workers is the sufficient knowledge of the Italian language.
Aside from this good news, Baldoz also told the Veneto-based OFWs of the improved services of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and its attached agencies—the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) and Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
This include the use of internet in processing documents of OFWs and the issuance of multiple overseas employment certificate (OEC) to all OFWs whose labor contract allows more than one vacation leave to the county.
Online transactions are now being readied to prevent “red tape,” Baldoz added.
While the issuance of multiple OEC will give convenience to returning OFWs because they don’t need to go back and queue at POEA every time they spend their holidays in the country.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News