- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Ateneo Glee Club Wows UNESCO, Paris Crowd
The Ateneo de Manila College Glee Club again brought honor to the Philippines by performing before a standing room only (SRO) crowd at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) headquarters in Paris, France last May 14.
Fresh from winning the Fleischmann International Trophy-First Prize at the 59th Cork International Chorale Festival in Ireland, the ACGC performed before dignitaries including Katalin Bogyay, President of the UNESCO General Conference, representatives of Permanent Delegations to UNESCO and guests from the UNESCO Secretariat.
Also in the SRO audience were friends in Paris of the ACGC and Filipino community leaders.
“In their performance at UNESCO Miollis, the ACGC impressed the audience with their heartfelt rendition of songs from different genres, including original Filipino music,” the DFA said.
Philippine Ambassador to France and Philippine Permanent Delegate to UNESCO Cristina Ortega said the Philippines prides itself in bringing the best of Philippine arts and music to the august halls of UNESCO.
Continue reading at GMA News