- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
PHL Ambassador to Portugal Loses €30 Million Jewelry to Paris Burglars
Philippine Ambassador to Portugal Philippe Jones Lhuillier, chairman of the Philippines’ largest pawnshop chain, Cebuana Lhuillier, lost €30-million (approximately P1.65 billion) worth of jewelry as burglars looted his apartment in Paris, news site Le Parisien reported.
In a statement sent to GMA News Online on Tuesday, Cebuana Lhuillier said: “The amount of loss as published in the foreign newspapers is inaccurate, misleading and grossly overstated.”
“The family approximates the amount of loss to be at €3 million, not €30 million as previously reported,” Cebuana Lhuillier explained.
“Investigation is ongoing and the family continues to cooperate with the French police authorities,” it added.
Le Parisien reported : “Des cambrioleurs sont parvenus à s’emparer de 30 M€ de bijoux dans l’appartement parisien d’un ambassadeur des Philippines, actuellement en poste à Lisbonne au Portugal.”
(Burglars managed to steal €30 million worth of jewels at a Paris apartment of an ambassador of the Philippines, currently stationed in Lisbon, Portugal).
Continue reading at GMA News