- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Filipino Workers in China Not Harassed — Binay
Vice President Jejomar Binay said Monday that Filipino workers in China are not being harassed despite the territorial dispute between China and the Philippines over Scarborough Shoal.
“We have not received any news about any [overseas Filipino worker] being maltreated in China,” Binay said in a statement. “I believe that the Panatag dispute will not be a reason for this to happen,” Binay said, using the Philippine name of Scarborough Shoal.
Binay, who is also presidential adviser on Filipino migrant workers’ affairs, said he was confident China and the Philippines could achieve a “peaceful and diplomatic solution” to the dispute.
He reiterated the Philippine stand that all conflicting territorial claims in the South China Sea should be settled in accordance with international law, including the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
“I am one with President Benigno Aquino III in the belief that both countries can agree to a peaceful and diplomatic solution,” Binay said. “The Philippines and China both have a stake in ensuring peace, stability and economic development in the region,” he said.
The Vice President also said the Chinese Embassy was only protecting its nationals when it issued a travel advisory ahead of protests by Filipinos at Chinese embassies around the world on May 11.
Continue reading at Inquirer.net