- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
‘It’s More Fun in Phl’ Logo Bags Award
The country’s new tourism campaign “It’s more fun in the Philippines” is attracting not only widespread attention but also international awards, Tourism Secretary Ramon Jimenez said yesterday.
Jimenez reported that the “more fun” logo won the grand award for best design for corporate/brand identity category at the recent Adobo Design Awards 2012.
“It was a double victory for the Philippine tourism brand,” he said.
Jimenez said the logo, a banig weave (local mat) that forms the map of the Philippines, was also judged as Best Design in the Logo Category.“Our country is made up of people from different regional cultures and backgrounds,” he said.
“Yet, just like the weave, we are united by our similarity – a warm, easygoing and fun-loving quality that is inherent in all of us and attractive to foreign friends.”
Jimenez said the Adobo Design Awards champion the best in Philippine design and recognize the talents behind them.
Top men and women of advertising and design judged works submitted in the competition, he added.
Continue reading at Philippine Star