- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Indian BPO Investing $240 Million in the Philippines
Indian Business Process Outsourcing Operations (BPO) giant Tech Mahindra and its sister company Mahindra Satyam has vowed to expand operations in the region, particularly in the Philippines, with estimated investments of $240 million over the next three years to benefit from the rapid BPO growth in the country.
“The Philippines is fast becoming the country of choice for BPO investors because of the similarity of culture between the Philippines and our western clients, coupled with the lower cost of operations in the country,” Tech Ma-hindra President and Chairman Sujit Baksi said yesterday.
Baksi also pointed out that inves¬tors find it risky to invest in the BPO industry in India due to to the sector’s oversaturation in the country, thus making the Philippines’ BPO industry, which is currently in the developing stage, attractive to investors.
“To that end, we will be investing $240 million over the next 3 years to bolster our operations in the Asia Pacific region,” he added.
Tech Mahindra entered the Philippine BPO industry in 2010 when it opened its first call center and back office processes service in Eastwood. Now, the company has over 1800 employees, nearly all of which are Filipinos, and it has opened another operations office in Manila and one in Cebu.
“We currently have some 1,800 employees, all of which are Filipinos except for 3 positions which are being handled by foreign nationals. 80 percent of our employees work in our voice services such as call centers while the remaining 20 percent are in non-voice services such as IT services and analytics. We have 1,300 call center seats working 24/7 and we handle 550,000 calls per month while our non-voice services handles 150,000 transactions per month,” Baksi said.
Continue reading at Manila Bulletin