- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
Pinoy Nurse Jonathan Aquino in UK Caught on Tape Assaulting Dementia Patient
A nurse secretly filmed attacking an elderly Alzheimer’s sufferer in her care home bed was jailed yesterday.
Jonathan Aquino, 30, was caught when Jane Worroll suspected her mother Maria, 80, was being mistreated and hid a camera in her bedroom.
In the harrowing images, Aquino is seen to suddenly strike the retired school canteen manager in the face before slapping her arms repeatedly.
The Filipino, who has an 18 month-old daughter, then finishes the attack by hitting Mrs Worroll in her abdomen four times.Sentencing Aquino to 18 months in jail, Judge Henry Blacksell QC told the nurse he was guilty of a ‘dreadful breach of trust’.
‘It is distressing for anybody to have to watch what’s contained on the footage,’ he said at Blackfriars Crown Court, central London.
‘This poor woman had been transferred to this institution in the hope that she should receive proper care and attention.
‘Quite rightly, society in general is extremely concerned about the treatment of the elderly and vulnerable in institutions such as this.
‘They should be able to expect better, and I am afraid those who are caught misusing their responsibility should be held to account.’
Continue reading at Daily Mail