- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Body of Cherry Mae Genova in HK ‘suicide’ Now Home
The family of an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) who allegedly leapt to her death in Hong Kong is demanding justice.
The remains of Cherry Mae Genova arrived at the Roxas City Airport on Thursday morning.
From the airport, the body was immediately transported to the OFW’s hometown in Barangay Duran in Dumalag, Capiz, where her family was waiting.
Genova’s mother wept and her family felt sorry for her when they discovered that the body was just placed inside a wooden box.
“Kawawa talaga ang aking kapatid kasi hindi man lang nailagay sa kabaong,” said her brother Carlo.
The box was sealed and brought to the town’s funeral parlor.
Genova was supposed to go home this coming May after working as a domestic helper for four years in Hong Kong.
Her family last spoke to her in February.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News