- Philippine Azkals Beat Hong Kong 1 – 0 in International Friendly
- Hong Kong OFW Shares OEC Ordeal in Manila
- Pinoys in HK Seeking Jobs in Canada File Complaints Against Pacific Management
- Philippine Flag Day at Site Where First PHL Flag Was Sewn
- 157 HK-based OFWs Pass Teacher Licensure Exams
- Despite Complainant’s Retraction, POEA Cancels License Of Erring Recruiter Deploying HSWs To Hong Kong
- HK Foreign Domestic Workers to Demand $4,500 Wage
- Pinoy Tourists in HK Deny Using Fake Credit Cards
- All Pro Staffing, ABC Manpower Agency Lose License Over Excessive Fees
- Elderly Pinoy Couple in HK Gets Probation for Theft
OWWA Scholarship Application Set at August 31
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) has set the deadline in the submission of application for its Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) for school year 2013-2014 on August 31, 2012.
OWWA-ARMM regional head Amy Crisostomo said, EDSP is scholarship granted to qualified dependents and beneficiaries of active-member-OFWs who intend to pursue a four to five-year baccalaureate in any CHED accredited college or university of their choice.
To qualify, an applicant must be a child or a married OWWA member, or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member; graduate or graduating high school student provided she/he has not yet earned any unit in college; not more than 21 years old and must pass the qualifying examination.
Under the program, Crisostomo said, an scholar is extended a financial assistance of twenty thousand pesos (P20,000) per semester or a maximum of P60,000.00 per school year covering tuition fee and other school expenses.
For school year, OWWA is allocating 100 scholarship for qualified OFW dependent-applicants that shall comprise the 9th batch of the EDSP scholar.
Applicants are required to submit accomplished application form (available at any OWWA office), 2 copies 2”x2” ID pictures; proof of OFW’s Active OWWA membership; birth certificate of applicant obtained from NSO if child of OFW and/or brother/sister of unmarried OFW to prove relationship; and secondary school record (Form 137).
She encouraged interested applicants to visit OWWA-ARMM located at 2/F Mags Audio Building, Quezon City or call telephone number (064) 421-7237 hotline number 09176220140 or email address; firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.