- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Taiwan Hiring More Filipino Caregivers
The growing number of senior citizens in Taiwan has increased the demand for Filipino caregivers.
Jackson Gan, president of the Pilipino Manpower Agencies Accredited to Taiwan (PILMAT) , said they expect a demand for more Filipino caregivers due to the decline in the fertility rate and longer life expectancy in Taiwan.
“The decline in the fertility rate of 1.8 will result in a negative growth for the population and will result in more senior citizens by 2016 resulting in more overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) taking of the growing elderly population,” he said.In 2010 alone, Gan said, the number of caregivers that were deployed to Taiwan were 6,184 compared to 5,942 in 2009.
He said that recently Taiwan also passed a law extending the stay of foreign workers from nine to a maximum of 12 years.
Continue reading at Manila Bulletin