- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Only 1 of 3 OFWs in Beirut Tragedy is OWWA Member
Only one of the three Filipino women killed in the collapse of a building in Beirut, Lebanon will get benefits from the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA).
It was found out that only Juvilyn Numeral Concon was a member of the OWWA.
The two other fatalities, identified as Mary Ann Davatos Ida and Lucy Bombales, were not OWWA members.
This means that only Concon’s next of kin will receive P200,000 in death benefits and P20,000 burial aid from OWWA.
OWWA Administrator Carmelita Dimzon said it was possible that Bombales and Davatos entered Lebanon as tourists and found employment there.
Nevertheless, OWWA will still assist in the repatriation of the remains of Davatos and Bombales.
The apartment building, located in Fassouh Street in Ashrafieh District, collapsed around 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News