- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Executed Drug Mule’s Alleged Recruiter Charged
Authorities have located and filed charges against the alleged recruiter of the most recent Filipino drug mule executed in China, the head of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) said.
In a recent interview, Director General Jose Gutierrez Jr. said they were just waiting for the issuance of a warrant for the arrest of the alleged recruiter.
According to Gutierrez, the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has filed illegal recruitment charges against the suspect.
“We already know the location of the alleged recruiter of the executed drug mule,” Gutierrez told reporters, but refused to name the recruiter.
He said PDEA furnished the NBI with the information on the recruiter.
The 35-year-old Filipino was arrested on Sept. 13, 2008 at the Guilin International Airport. He was sentenced to death for drug trafficking and was given a lethal injection in the southern province of Guangxi in December last year.
Continue reading at Philippine Star