- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
DFA Prioritizes OFWs in 4 Conflict Areas in Syria
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is now working to safely repatriate Filipinos in Syria, particularly those located in 4 conflict-ridden areas of Homs, Hama, Idlib and Daraa.
“The foreign minister promised to assist us in terms of writing to the local mayors and governors of these 4 conflict areas to try to assist in the repatriation of these distressed OFWs,” DFA Undersecretary Esteban Conejos said in an interview with ANC on Tuesday.
Conejos said they now have about 40 Filipinos in Homs who expressed their intention to be repatriated.
“They are priority number 1. We are now validating the presence of 40 OFWs in Homs and we sent today a note verbale to the foreign ministry identifying them and asking the local officials to assist in their repatriation,” he said.
The second priority, he said, are those who have registered with the embassy and have expressed their desire to be repatriated and have completed the negotiations with their employers.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News