- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Pinoy Radio KTKB 101.9 FM Wafts Across Guam
Filipino radio in Guam: You’d think the frequency of Philippine radio stations has upped somewhat, and considerably so, when you step into your host’s car and get a dose of current song hits from home as you cruise the easy, green roads of Agana, Guam.
It’s not Philippine radio from back home that you hear. It’s the legitimately Guam-based KTKB 101.9 FM blaring out endless chatter, jokes, and current hits from the old country thousands of nautical miles away.
On board weekdays are DJ Doods and DJ Zoey, who give you the impression they were airlifted from the Philippines to render exactly the same audio fare as we know it.
KTKB 101.9 FM’s format is not far detached from the current programming style we get on local radio. While its regular playlist consists of current OPM hits, the station also offers space for old-time hits such as Fred Panopio’s “Pitong Gatang” and Pilita Corrales’ romantic meanderings.
While on the island for a few days recently, we were treated endlessly to huge servings of “Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin” by Juris Fernandez and “Kulang Ako Kung Wala Ka” by Erik Santos.
Continue reading at Manila Bulletin