- Highest Overseas Voter Turnout in Hong Kong
- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
Kids of OFW Inmates Live Inside Dubai Prison
Some 15 overseas Filipino workers (OFW) who are jailed in Dubai, United Arab Emirates are with their children inside the prison.
This information was leaked by a female OFW inmate who was recently released from Muraqabat prison for women in Dubai.
Filipino migrants rights group Migrante-Middle East (M-ME) expressed shock over the inmate’s revelation.
“The information we just received is quite disturbing. The innocent children have been exposed to the adversities and bitter realities of prison life,” M-ME regional director John Monterona said in a press statement.
An expatriate friend of Monterona, who works as a reporter in Dubai, confirmed that there are children inside the Muraqabat jail.
Monterona’s friend said the children “don’t ever get to go out of the prison compound and receive no education.”
Monterona said some of the inmates claimed that they gave birth inside the prison after their employers sent them to jail for charges such as stealing and illicit affairs.
Several inmates said they were sexually abused and got pregnant.
Continue reading at ABS-CBN News