- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
‘Only OWWA Members Qualified for Enterprise Loan’
Only overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who are members of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) are qualified to apply for an enterprise loan under the P2-billion OFW-Reintegration Program (OFW-RP), the government said Wednesday.
National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NRCO) Director Vivian Tornea issued the statement following queries from non-Owwa members who expressed interest of availing business loans under the said program.
Related Question: How to be a member of OWWA?
The queries included those from Filipino working students abroad.
Specifically, Labor Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz said only OFWs who have contributed $25.00 to OWWA and the Philippine Overseas Labor Office upon processing of their employment contract are entitled to the loan.
The OFW-RP is jointly being implemented by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), OWWA, NRCO, Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP), and the Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP).
Continue reading at Sun Star