- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
PHL Envoy to UAE Warns Pinoys vs Working Illegally
The recent arrest of 120 Filipinos caught trying to work illegally in a mall in Dubai prompted a Philippine official in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to remind Filipinos against working there illegally.Philippine Consul-General in Dubai Benito Valeriano said the warning especially applies to visit visa-holders, runaways, and those who are overstaying.
“They should be very careful and conscious about the rules regarding employment in the UAE and should refrain from seeking employment,” Valeriano said in an article posted on news site Khaleej Times Wednesday.
If they are offered a job, Filipinos should verify the work contract with and get advice from the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), Valeriano advised.
Continue reading at GMA News