- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Lica de Guzman, Pinay Trained by Phil Collins, Making Waves in Switzerland
If Charice has David Foster, Lica de Guzman also has her own mentor, Phil Collins no less.
While Charice is now a familiar name here and abroad, Lica is only “getting there,” not yet known in her own country but already making waves in Switzerland.
Only 14, Lica will soon be recognized outside of Switzerland. She’s touted as the newest Pinay singing child sensation to hit Geneva. She was born in Geneva on March 8, 1997, to Filipino migrant workers Nicanor “Bong” de Guzman and Waonhor “Joy” Pangulima.
Grammy award-winning producer-singer Collins has taken Lica under his wings. He handpicked Lica to be part of a select group to join his “Little Dreams Foundation” where she is trained. Because of that, she has been invited to sing before the Swiss President Micheline Calmy-Rey at the “Les coups de Coeur d’Alain Morisod” in 2007 where she sang Prendre un enfant par la main as well as various UN gatherings like the annual United Nations Women’s Guild bazaar, Filipino events, and even church activities.
Continue reading at Philippine Star