- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
2012-2013 OWWA Scholarships For OFW Beneficiaries Now Open
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration 1 (OWWA1) has opened the 2012-2013 scholarships to active OWWA member Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) with beneficiaries/dependents currently enrolled or graduates of fourth year high school.
According to OWWA1 labor communication officer Amapola Z. Villar, the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) offers a four to five year baccalaureate course in any institution accredited by the Commission on Higher Education on the condition that they pass the qualifying exam and should be one among the top 100 passers nationwide.
Another condition, Villar said, aspirants must not have taken any previous vocational courses or college degree.
OFWs who are active OWWA members, either sea-based or land-based, are those that are actively working on-site, on vacation, or those whose contracts have been earlier terminated but membership has not expired.
Part of the scholarship grant is a financial assistance worth Php 30,000 per semester or Php 60,000 per year, and Php 90,000 per year in trimester schools provided they have complied with the scholarship agreement.
The scholarship grant shall continue until completion of the course regardless of the status of OFW membership, Villar added.
Related Question: How to be a Member of OWWA?
Application forms are available at OWWA Regional Office l, Zambrano Building, City of San Fernando, La Union, or interested applicants may download the forms at www.owwa.gov.ph website. You may click here for online download of the form.
For inquiries, applicants may search OWWA’s facebook account by typing OWWA Launion or OWWA Region I., or send an email to email@example.com and include the subject EDSP application. (ANL/MPA-PIA 1 La Union with reports from OWWA-RO1).
Source: Philippine Information Agency