- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
20 Signs You Are an Overseas Filipino Worker
Not applicable to all but chances are, some of these items describe you, our modern-day Pinoy heroes!
1. You know the meaning of PDOS, OFW, OEC, POEA and other acronyms closely related to Filipinos working abroad.
2. You are familiar with exchange rates of certain currencies and equivalent value in Philippine peso. You feel bad when the peso appreciates because this means the value of remittance falls.
3. You long for Filipino food like sinigang, inihaw, lechon, daing and other Filipino dishes seldom available in your place.
4. You are an expert in packing clothes, canned goods, toiletries and other gift items into one compact balikbayan box.
5. You are mad at certain staff at a nearby Philippine consulate for negligence, indifference or both.
6. You dream of having a hearty meal with your family back in the Philippines.
7. You are aware and specially conscious about the expiration of both your visa and passport.
8. You drop by at airport Duty Free and buy chocolates for the kids, liquor or ream of cigarettes for kumpares, wristwatch for your husband or necklace for your wife.
9. You are no longer familiar with Pinoy celebrities you see on television.
10. You know how to say bad words in another language.
11. You learn and appreciate eating food other than traditional Filipino dishes.
12. Your passport has multiple immigration and visa stamps.
13. You can distinguish Filipinos from other races by merely looking at them.
14. You underwent physical exams, medical, dental and other form of check ups.
15. You are familiar with the procedures inside Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
16. You have met and befriended people from at least three other nationalities.
17. You watch TFC or GMA Pinoy TV.
18. You belong to an organization of Filipinos who meet on a regular basis.
19. You have your preferred phone card used to call folks back in the Philippines.
20. You read Filipino gossip magazine or pocket books bought from a Filipino store.
Did we miss some? Feel free to add in the comment box!