- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Pinoy Seamen Stranded in Spain Coming Back Home
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) announced Friday that the 12 Filipino seafarers trapped in Valencia, Spain for two months will finally return home Saturday night.
OWWA Administrator Carmelita Dimzon said the plane carrying the 12 seafarers will land at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport at 10:00 p.m. Saturday.
Dimzon said the manning agency has provided the tickets of the 12 seafarers in going back to the country.
The OWWA said with regards to the problems of the Filipino seafarers, they will coordinate with the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) in directing the local manning agency, Status Maritime Agency, to settle its problems with the 12 seafarers for alleged breach of employees’ and employers’ contract.
Continue reading at Manila Bulletin