- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Independence Day Offers Lined Up for Philippine Expatriates in UAE
Filipinos in the UAE will be in for some treats as part of the 113th celebration of the Philippine Independence Day on June 12.
They will be entitled to a 15 per cent discount on their medical consultation, minor treatment as well as dental service and laboratory tests in all branches of the Prime Medical Centre in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, said Prime Healthcare Group Director Dr. Jamil Ahmed. All they have to do is contact the numbers 02-6229993 or 04-2720720 for the appointment.
Aside from keeping healthy, they may also win prizes when they join the “Philippine Singing Star 2011” competitions sponsored by the Filipino international casual dining restaurant, Barrio Fiesta.
ETA-Star Retail Group Executive Director Ishwar Chugani, who owns and operates the restaurant, said customers who spend a minimum of Dhs100 at the Lamcy Plaza branch will be entitled to a registration form for the competitions that will conduct its preliminaries at 3 p.m. on June 11 and the showdown from 5 pm to 8 pm on June 12.
Prizes will also be given out to the Best in Costume, Best in Showmanship, Best in Presentation, and Most Applauded Performance.
“With this singing competition, we will surely celebrate the Filipino free spirit,” said Chugani.
Source: Gulf Today