- HK Top Court Rejects Filipina Bid for Son’s Permanent Resident Status
- Filipina Helper in Hong Kong Fined for Drug Abuse
- 300 Filipinas Pass Special Teachers Board in Hong Kong
- From Pinoy Boxing Champ to Hong Kong Domestic Helper
- Filipinos in HK Warned Vs Fake Gold Bar Scam
- Filipina in HK Gets 20 Years in Jail for Drug Trafficking
- Filipina Falls to Death From 43rd Floor Residential Tower in Hong Kong
- Filipina Household Worker in HK Captures Life B/W Photos
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Vs Job Offers in Russia
- ‘Racist’ Ad in HK Draws Critics Online
List of 100 Qualified OWWA Scholars For School Year 2011-2012
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is proud to announce the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) Top 100 Passers and OWWA Scholars for school year 2011-2012:
A total of 3,338 dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) took the national qualifying examination in November 2010 which was administered in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). For the first time, OFW dependents currently studying in DECS-accredited schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were also able to take the examination and given the chance to become an OWWA scholar.
OFW dependents who passed the qualifying exams will receive Php60,000.00 per year to pursue any four- to five-year tertiary course in any CHED-accredited college or university of his/her choice.
The Top 100 passers are instructed to contact the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices (RWO) for further details.
Tel: 551-6644 / 551-1134, or 891-7601 – 24 ext: 5902 / 5903
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com