- Fake ID, Visa Violation Lands Filipina Helper 17 Months In Prison in HK
- Teachers Board Exams in Hong Kong on Sept. 27
- 2 Filipina Helpers in HK Fined for Using Lost Octopus Card
- HK Tribunal Orders Ex-Employer to Pay Terminated Filipina Helper $16K
- What Could Happen If There are No OFWs in Hong Kong
- ‘Abolish Domestic Worker Fees, Charge Employers Only ‘
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Agencies vs ‘Macau Exits’
- Filipino Driver in HK Charged for Road Death of Local Worker
- Filipinos in Hong Kong Reminded Against Gambling
- Filipina Domestic Worker Killed, Employer Injured as Truck Rams Car in Hong Kong
List of 100 Qualified OWWA Scholars For School Year 2011-2012
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is proud to announce the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) Top 100 Passers and OWWA Scholars for school year 2011-2012:
A total of 3,338 dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) took the national qualifying examination in November 2010 which was administered in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). For the first time, OFW dependents currently studying in DECS-accredited schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were also able to take the examination and given the chance to become an OWWA scholar.
OFW dependents who passed the qualifying exams will receive Php60,000.00 per year to pursue any four- to five-year tertiary course in any CHED-accredited college or university of his/her choice.
The Top 100 passers are instructed to contact the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices (RWO) for further details.