- HK Increases Domestic Worker Monthly Wage to HK$4,010
- HK Immigration Implements Measures to Deter Helper Premature Termination
- OFW Guide: Useful Cantonese Phrases
- HK Increases Minimum Allowable Wage, Food Allowance For Foreign Domestic Helpers
- 12 Common Scams Targeting OFWs in Hong Kong
- 300 Pardoned OFWs Still in Jails Abroad
- Romantic Scammer Sweet-talks Lonely Hearts
- Filipino DH Cherry Ann Carranza Gonzales Banned in HK for Killing Her Newborn Baby
- Connecting OFWs with Families and Friends Through Facebook
- DFA Airs Concern on Rising OFW Drug Cases
List of 100 Qualified OWWA Scholars For School Year 2011-2012
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is proud to announce the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) Top 100 Passers and OWWA Scholars for school year 2011-2012:
A total of 3,338 dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) took the national qualifying examination in November 2010 which was administered in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). For the first time, OFW dependents currently studying in DECS-accredited schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were also able to take the examination and given the chance to become an OWWA scholar.
OFW dependents who passed the qualifying exams will receive Php60,000.00 per year to pursue any four- to five-year tertiary course in any CHED-accredited college or university of his/her choice.
The Top 100 passers are instructed to contact the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices (RWO) for further details.
Tel: 551-6644 / 551-1134, or 891-7601 – 24 ext: 5902 / 5903
E-Mail: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org