- Filipina Household Worker in HK Captures Life B/W Photos
- POLO Hong Kong Warns Vs Job Offers in Russia
- ‘Racist’ Ad in HK Draws Critics Online
- Hong Kong Textbook Defines Filipinos as Domestic Helpers
- Filipina in Hong Kong Charged for Using Employer’s Credit Card
- Filipino Driver in Hong Kong Jailed for Passport Name Error
- Filipina, Chinese Partner On Trial in Hong Kong for Usury
- Filipina Helper Nabbed at HK Supermarket for Theft
- Filipina Helper Found Hanging in Employer’s Home in HK
- 12 Filipinos Nabbed in HK Airport for Working Outside Visa Limits
List of 100 Qualified OWWA Scholars For School Year 2011-2012
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) is proud to announce the Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) Top 100 Passers and OWWA Scholars for school year 2011-2012:
A total of 3,338 dependents of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) took the national qualifying examination in November 2010 which was administered in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). For the first time, OFW dependents currently studying in DECS-accredited schools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were also able to take the examination and given the chance to become an OWWA scholar.
OFW dependents who passed the qualifying exams will receive Php60,000.00 per year to pursue any four- to five-year tertiary course in any CHED-accredited college or university of his/her choice.
The Top 100 passers are instructed to contact the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices (RWO) for further details.
Tel: 551-6644 / 551-1134, or 891-7601 – 24 ext: 5902 / 5903
E-Mail: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org