- 3 Pinoys From HK Busted in Indonesia for Drugs
- Aquino Urged to Allow Direct Hiring in HK, Crack Down on Greedy Recruiters
- PHL Consulate HK Advisory: Closed on Apr 4 and Apr 9
- Two Filipinas Charged With Manslaughter in Hong Kong
- ‘No Plans of Going Home,’ Declares Vallejos After Permanent Residence Verdict
- Placement Agencies End Ban on Sending Filipino Helpers to HK
- HK Ruling May Result in Unfair Treatment of Filipina Maids
- HK Top Court Rejects DH Permanent Residence Appeal
- Pinay in Hong Kong in Stable Condition After Contracting Deadly Flesh-eating Disease
- Pinay Seriously Hurt, Husband Killed in Attack by Teenage Son, Pal in HK
Beware of the Following Balikbayan Box Firms
The Philippine government has issued a new warning against several balikbayan box companies.
The Department of Trade and Industry’s Philippine Shippers Bureau has released an advisory against using certain cargo companies because of delayed and non-deliveries, lost freight, over charging, and damaged cargo.
The list below contains the names of some of those companies.
* Ace Cargo of Northern and Southern California and Parañaque City, Philippines
* NACA Logistics of California and Illinois
* Shipping Express of Chicago
* Dagupan Cargo Packaging Services of United Arab Emirates
* Link Cargo Services of United Arab Emirates
* Smooth Express of Dubai Express
* SCRL Cargo of Ireland
* Ford Cargo International of Hong Kong
The Philippine consulate advises consumers to check www.dti.gov.ph for a list of accredited cargo companies.
ACE Cargo, which is facing lawsuits from customers and agents, could not be reached for comment.
Shipping Express, located in Chicago, is now out of business. Its office phone has been disconnected, and the office has been vacated by the owner after the building’s leasing manager evicted the company for non payment of rent.
NACA Logistics, located in Carol Stream, Illinois, has not yet responded to Balitang America’s calls.
Source: ABS-CBN News